OAP, writer and fashionista, Toke Makinwa, in her reaction to Anthony Joshua‘s statement about being lenient with his son, but strict with his niece, mentioned that she is saddened about the boxing champion’s opinion about teaching a girl on morals.
Toke Makinwa made a lengthy post on Twitter and she stated that she can’t blame Anthony Joshua though, it is just that a lot of people have learnt so much from seminars and symposiums that they have varying opinions to various life issues.
Read her post below:
“Reading up on the Anthony Joshua statement saddens me but it’s not an AJ problem guys, we are the products of our society and we are all guilty.
Too many seminars, groups, panels for women and who raises the men? From time this has been happening and the earliest we realize it does no one any good the better.
My brother n I started living together recently and I realized how much I enable him without even realizing it. Yet I have high expectations from guys I date. We are all guilty, it’s time we start to have these conversations.
As a female you condone your brothers keeping many girlfriends yet you want to cry wolf when another man does it to you, we let it slide when it is family, we need to do better.
We say “let’s boys be boys” but we can’t handle the reality of who they become! This must stop, we all have a part to play.
We all have a part to play. The last generation and ours might be lost but pls let’s start bringing up young men and not loving or tolerating them.
he next time you want to permit your son, nephew etc to not take part in home chores in the name of “he is a man”, look around you and have a rethink.
No be today it start, especially in Nigerian/African homes, we put so much pressure on the girl child and give our boys the pass on almost everything. Look around you, it’s killing them more than helping them.
Spiritually it’s a woman’s job too. Ahn ahn… I once heard a grown ass man say his mum prays or is a prayer warrior and he expects his wife to continue to cover him in prayers, why can’t he carry the burden spiritually too? #Amnotunderstanding”
- That moment a Monkey was pictured pulling down woman’s top, revealing her natural Watermelon
- “How Banky W blessed my life and made me famous – music producer, Maskerkraft
- Jealous man posts his ex-girlfriend’s Nvde photos online after she denied him publicly (See Photos)
- #BBNaija : Ifu Ennada and Leo receive their N5million win from Pepsi (See Photos)
- Olamide launches his Television Channel ‘VOTS’ on his birthday
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- July 2014
- LYRICS : Reminisce – PONMILE on
- ALBUM : Umu Obiligbo – UDO GA ADI (Full Album Download) on
- The lady who died alongside Ebony Reigns has been alleged to be her lesbian Partner on
- #BBNaija: Davido reacts to Tobi always begging Cee C in the house on
- ‘Should I pull that up?’ – Teenage girl shares seductive Photos, ask fans if they want her to pull up her Skirt (See Photos) on